Sunday, July 6, 2014

Family Plan



(http://money.msn.co.nz/img/article/life-balance-tips.jpg)


As of this writing, I am still single and have no plans of starting my own family in the next 3-5 years. Maybe because I am still enjoying my current status and I don’t think I am ready yet. Anyway, I am creating a Family plan that I can use in the future when I decide to settle down and get married. I hope this can become useful and will turn into reality in 5 years time.

Assumptions:

I envision my family to be composed of 4 members including my self. This means I only intend to have 2 kids (max) if God permits. My wife will be working too and both of us will be taking care of the kids. Our kids will be sent to reputable educational institutions (not necessarily the best and most expensive in town!). There will be regular family bonding and vacation days.

Income and Expense Budget

FAMILY BUDGET
Household Home Ammortization 30%
Cable/TV
Phone/Internet
Electricity
Car Car Ammortization 20%
Insurance
Registration
Maintenance
Gasoline Expenses
Education Tuition Fees 30%
Miscellaneous
Recreation Family Travel Fund 10%
Family Bonding (Movie, Mall, Dine out)
Investments Savings Account 10%
Investments (high Yielding)
TOTAL 100%


I only indicated percentages for each budget items and attempted to list down details or particulars for each item. The assumption for the budget is that the source is a combined income of my wife and myself.

Work and Family Schedule

Below is the schedule plan between work and family. Weekdays will primarily be devoted to work but time is allotted for family especially during dinnertime. It is the time of the day when both my wife and myself can catch up with the family and to check on how the kids are doing. In the event that work doesn’t permit us to go home exactly after 8 hours, a phone call must be made at home to speak to the kids and let them know that we will be going home. Weekends are purely family days. Both days will be dedicated to activities that will allow all of to bond together and go out as a family.

Work and Family Schedule
Weekdays
Travel time from home to office 1 hour 8am - 9am
Work hours 8 hours 9am - 6pm
Travel tome from office to home 1 hour 6pm - 7pm
Family Dinner 1 hour 7:30pm - 8:30pm
Weekends
a. Saturday
Family Sports Day 4 hours 6am - 10am
Family Lunch 2 hours 12pm - 2pm
Family Bonding Time (Mall, Movie, or Park) 6 hours 3pm - 9pm
b. Sunday
Sunday Mass 1 hours 10am - 11am
Lunch with Relatives 3 hours 12pm - 3pm
Quality Time at Home
Lesson Review for Kids 2 hours 5pm - 7pm
Family Dinner 1 hour 7pm - 8pm

No comments: